Sunday, August 19, 2012

Ukulele by Jake Shimabukuro


I first started playing the ukulele in the parking lot after surfing at 26th street in Manhattan beach on the weekends in 2005. There are a bunch of great people there that like to jam on ukuleles after surfing and I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time and that's were I began my ukulele journey.

Eventually one of the guys told me to go on youtube and check out other guys that are playing ukulele to get a taste of what can be done on one of these little instruments. I took their advice and this was the first name to pop up: Jake Shimabukuro.

Ukulele weeps by Jake Shimabukuro :


Here's some more stuff by Jake that I think is pretty cool... Check it out:

Jake Shimabukuro - "Bohemian Rhapsody" - TED (2010) - ukelele cover


Jake Shimabukuro - Thriller (MJ Tribute) (Schenectady, NY)


jake shimabukuro let's dance


How to Play Ukulele by Jake Shimabukuro


No comments:

Post a Comment