Saturday, November 3, 2012

Ukulele Ohana Jam Session 10-28-12... By Eric Cedeno

My friend Lisa (pink shirt) wanted to have a ukulele Jam session at her house and she invited Cliff (the guy in the hat) and I to jam with the gang. We also brought our awesome ukulele jamming friend Alan with us (the guy in the yellow shirt). It was an afternoon full of music, bad jokes and epic Hawaiian food. I think at one point was about ten of us playing together and I think we inspired a few others to start playing too.

That's me on the far left next to Lisa
We took turns playing songs we knew and songs we didn't know, it was a blast. Check out this little video of us jamming.

Eric Cedeno (That's me) playing my 6 string Lanikai Ukulele
There a lot of super easy stuff to play on the ukulele that sounds really cool. I tell people a lot of people that when I was learning how to play the ukulele that I used to turn my ukulele around (backwards) and play it like a congo drum until I learned more chords. It's a great way to still feel involved when you're not sure how to play all the chords in a song.

Eric Cedeno (That's me) playing next to Cliff
They were all impressed with Cliff and me jammin'
Cliff and have been practicing a version of Sara Smile by Hall and Oats a few weeks back and while other people were taking a break we busted it out. We use the same basic chords but put our own twist to it. We really got in the zone and for minute I thought everyone left because it go so quite. It was really a great experience for me to play in font of others. I think this would be considered my first performance.
Cliff and me jammin'


No comments:

Post a Comment