Todays song is I'm Not Dead Yet By Mike Posner. Mike Posner was born in Detroit and raised in the neighboring city of Southfield, Michigan,where he was heavily influenced by the local hip-hop scene and began writing his first rap verses at just eight years old. He officially started his professional music journey while attending Duke University, famously producing his breakout 2009 mixtape, A Matter of Time, right from his dorm room. Recorded late at night while his classmates were out partying, the mixtape gained massive traction on hip-hop blogs and caught the attention of major record labels, leading him to sign a deal with J Records before he had even graduated. Balancing his education with his sudden rise to fame, he toured on weekends and finished his degree just months before releasing his debut studio album, 31 Minutes to Takeoff, which launched him into global pop superstardom with the smash hit "Cooler Than Me."
This song was released as a standalone track on September 23, 2022, it was later featured as a centerpiece on his fifth studio album, The Beginning, which dropped on February 21, 2025. The lyrical themes of resilience and mortality were directly inspired by Posner’s real-life near-death experience on Mount Everest. During his high-altitude ascent in May 2021, Posner survived a terrifying avalanche at Camp 2. Though he eventually went on to successfully summit the mountain on June 1, 2021, the trauma and profound clarity of surviving the extreme element heavily shaped the writing of the song. Musically, the track explores the intricate philosophical relationship between sadness and beauty, highlighting how a broken heart can act as a survival mechanism to get a person through life's darkest seasons.
So let's learn this one together... This song is so new that I haven't found an ASL version yet (can you make one?). Plus be on the look out for covers... While we are waiting on that let's learn this one and on Guitar, Ukulele, and Piano. Let's get in to it.
Mike Posner - I'm Not Dead Yet (ellis edit (Official Video))
Listen to “I’m Not Dead Yet (ellis edit)”: https://mikeposner.lnk.to/ImNotDeadYe... Follow Mike Posner: https://www.instagram.com/mikeposner/ https://www.twitter.com/mikeposner https://www.facebook.com/therealmikep... https://www.tiktok.com/@mikeposner Follow ellis: https://www.twitter.com/ellisofficial https://www.facebook.com/EllisOfficial/ https://www.instagram.com/ellislawrie/ https://www.soundcloud.com/ellisofficial Follow Darrell Throne: https://www.instagram.com/thornedarrell/ https://www.tiktok.com/@darrellthorne
Mike Posner - I'm Not Dead Yet (Official Video)
Mike Posner - I'm Not Dead Yet - Guitar Chords Tutorial & Lyrics
Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Fodor-Szil%C... Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fodorszilard/
Chords: Am F C Dm - Am F C Em
Strum: D DU UDU
Mike Posner - I'm Not Dead Yet | Guitar Tutorial
Mike Posner - I'm Not Dead Yet | Guitar Tutorial
Chords: Am C F Dm Em
Strum: D DU UDU
I’m Not Dead Yet - Mike Posner (Backpack Drum Cover) #mikeposner #ukulele #onemanband
Mike Posner - I'm Not Dead Yet ( Piano Tutorial & Cover) - Free download sheet music & midi
Piano Cover & Piano Tutorial of 'I'm Not Dead Yet' by Mike Posner.
Ironically I met Mike Posner right after I learned how to play his song I Took A Pill In Ibiza. Check it out here:
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment