Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Michael Farren - Checking In


Todays song is Checking In By Michael Farren.  Michael Farren is a 2x Grammy-nominated, 5x GMA Dove Award-winning songwriter, producer, and recording artist who has been a mainstay in the Nashville music community for over two decades. Raised in rural Texarkana, Texas, as a Baptist preacher's kid, he spent 16 years as the lead vocalist and frontman for the acclaimed worship band Pocket Full of Rocks before transitioning full-time into an elite, multi-genre songwriter. Over his career, Farren has penned hundreds of songs and secured over 30 No. 1 hits, becoming one of the most respected "behind-the-scenes" storytellers in contemporary Christian, worship, and country music. 

This song was officially released on July 2nd, 2024. It was written by award-winning Nashville songwriter Michael Farren, alongside Garrett Jacobs and Ken Hart. After going viral as an acoustic demo on social media, and that's how I found it. I just stumbled across this song on instagram the other day and it just kind of stuck with me.

The song explores the bittersweet pain of grief, regret, and the longing for one more conversation with a deceased parent. It opens with the audio of a saved voicemail from a father simply saying: "Hey there son, it's Dad again... I'm just checking in." The narrator then reflects on how many times he plays that old message, admitting that he sometimes calls the number back wishing his dad would answer because he has so much more to say now than he did when his father was alive.

There's not much out there about how to play this song (yet) because its so new, but I sure would appreciate your help in creating some ASL & Guitar, Ukulele, and Piano tutorials. Let's get in to it.
 

NASHVILLE HIT SONGWRITER SCORES WITH VIRAL SONG ABOUT FATHERHOOD: 'CHECKING IN'

“CHECKING IN” lyrics: By Singer/Songwriter Michael Farren Hey there, son It’s Dad again I know you’re busy I’m just checking in You can call me later If you get a chance I don’t want nothing else Just wonderin’ how you been No telling me how many times I’ve let that message play He’s been gone awhile But it still feels like yesterday I even call him back sometimes Wishing he’d pick up again I got a lot more to say these days then I did back then Hey dad, it’s me checking in I’m doing alright Work’s been a little hard But don’t worry I told mom I’d get by there later on and cut the yard The kids are good You’d sure be proud Yeah I should probably let you go But I’m missing you right now No telling me how many times I’ve let that message play He’s been gone awhile But it still feels like yesterday I even call him back sometimes Wishing he’d pick up again I got a lot more to say these days then I did back then Hey dad, it’s me checking in I’m just checking in No telling me how many times I’ve let that message play He’s been gone awhile But it still feels like yesterday I even call him back sometimes Wishing he’d pick up again I got a lot more to say these days then I did back then I got a lot more to say these days then I did back then Hey dad, it’s me checking in Just checking in Hey there, son It’s dad again. I know you’re busy I’m just checking in


No comments:

Post a Comment