Thursday, November 3, 2022

Katy Perry - I Kissed a Girl (ASL, Guitar, Ukulele, Piano, & More)


Todays song is I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry. Born Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson, the singer originally released a Christian gospel album in 2001 under her real name, Katy Hudson. When she later transitioned into mainstream pop music, she decided to change her professional name to avoid confusion with the famous American actress Kate Hudson. She chose her mother's maiden name, Perry, officially becoming Katy Perry.

Perry grew up in an extremely conservative household with parents who were born-again Christian pastors. Pop music was strictly forbidden in her home, and she was only allowed to listen to gospel and contemporary Christian music. She has joked that the only exposure she had to secular culture as a kid was occasionally sneaking a peek at MTV. Before achieving her own massive solo success, Perry worked heavily as a professional songwriter in Los Angeles. She wrote or co-wrote tracks for several high-profile artists, including Kelly Clarkson ("I Do Not Hook Up"), Selena Gomez & the Scene ("Rock God"), and Britney Spears ("Passenger").

This song was released as a single on April 28, 2008. It served as the lead single for her second studio album, One of the Boys, which followed shortly after in June 2008. Perry revealed that the initial spark for the song's concept came when she opened a magazine and saw a picture of actress Scarlett Johansson. She turned to her boyfriend at the time and said that she would absolutely kiss her if given the chance, which inspired the famous hook. Miley Cyrus has also claimed that Perry told her the song was partly written about her.

Perry's record label, Capitol Records, was initially terrified of the song and strongly opposed releasing it as a single. They feared its provocative, LGBTQ+-themed subject matter would alienate conservative audiences, face massive radio censorship, and completely ruin Perry's career before it even started. Perry and her team pushed back hard, and it went on to sell over 4 million digital copies in the US alone.

So let's learn this one together, e ASL version and on Guitar, Ukulele, and Piano. Plus check out the bonus covers. Let's get in to it.

Get “I Kissed A Girl” from Katy Perry’s ‘One of the Boys’’: http://katy.to/OneOfTheBoys

Follow Katy Perry: Website: http://katy.to/WebsiteYD Instagram: http://katy.to/InstagramYD Twitter: http://katy.to/TwitterYD Facebook: http://katy.to/FacebookYD


I Kissed a Girl Sign Language

Hey guys! Here's my PSE cover of I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry. I thought it'd be a fun throwback and it's pride month (sorta fits I guess), so hope ya like it! (:

Stalk Me: www.instagram.com/libbeytds www.younow.com/thedailysign - next broadcast is THIS SUNDAY June 18 @ 9 PM EST www.twitter.com/libbeytds


🎸 In this easy lesson, we'll learn how to play I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry on the guitar. We'll learn the chords and the electric guitar part - but the tutorial is on acoustic!

👉 Video Chapters 00:00 Demonstration 01:02 Introduction 02:12 Riff 1 04:08 Riff 2 05:42 Chord Progression 1 07:02 Playing Tips 1 09:05 Riffs Combined 11:20 Conclusion


How to play "Kissed a Girl" by Katy Perry on guitar!

↓ O T H E R P L A C E S T O F I N D M E: Instagram Instagram.com/guitargoddesstv TikTok https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPd2nkkhg/

Lesson guide: 00:00 - 00:04 - Intro 00:05 - 00:21 - Main progression 00:21 - 00:56 - Strumming 00:57 - 02:12 - Verse/chorus 02:13 - 03:36 - Practice break 03:37 - 03:55 - 2nd progression 03:55 - 04:53 - Bridge 04:53 - 05:16 - Beginner guitar course


Chords: Am C Dm F E

Strum: D DU UDU


Tada! My easy ukulele tutorial of I kissed a girl has finally been published. I first listened to it almost 10 years ago and I have no idea why it's stuck in my head. That's why I made it! This is the chord sheet: https://goo.gl/dd6vG3

Chords: Am C Dm F


https://twitter.com/snowysuns/status/...

Chords: Am C Dm F



Música instrumental tocada no Ukulele Bora Bora Plus Koa Tenor da Seizi, encordoamento Aquila supernylgut, afinação Low G. Quer comprar ukulele, cordas e acessórios? Acesse a https://lojalele.com/ e use o cupom LOIDE para ganhar um desconto na sua compra. Para mais informações sobre o Curso de Ukulele Fingerstyle no link: https://linktr.ee/loideleite


Our cover of "I Kissed A Girl" by Katy Perry!

Follow First to Eleven Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/firsttoeleven Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FirsttoEleven/ Twitter: https://twitter.com/FirsttoEleven


Get this song on our album: https://smarturl.it/pmjswipert?IQid=yyt Experience PMJ Live: https://pmjlive.com?IQid=yt Shop PMJ Music/Merch: https://smarturl.it/pmjshop?IQid=yt Follow Us On Spotify: https://smarturl.it/pmjcomplete?IQid=yt Robyn Adele Anderson and The Tee Tones (from our Miley Cyrus cover and others) are back to bring you the Postmodern Jukebox version of Katy Perry's "I Kissed A Girl" - after all, the title sounds like it could have been a very innocent '50s song...


Download/Stream our cover of 'I Kissed a Girl': Spotify: https://spoti.fi/2Md8TDO iTunes/Apple Music: https://apple.co/2sKsHX0 GooglePlay: https://bit.ly/2MfN2LY

Follow us: https://www.patreon.com/twentyonetwose https://twitter.com/twentyonetwose http://instagram.com/twentyonetwose https://www.facebook.com/twentyonetwose http://twentyonetwose.com


Official "I Kissed a Girl" by Katy Perry Rock Cover by Rain Paris

Follow ME: Instagram: https://instagram.com/RainPariss​ TikTok: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJxoeFd4/​


An acoustic cover of Katy Perry's "I Kissed A Girl" by stories and Julia Harriman.

Instagram: https://instagram.com/storiesweekdays Facebook: https://facebook.com/storiesacoustic Follow Julia on Instagram: https://tinyurl.com/73z63kt9 Check out the Scary Pockets channel: https://tinyurl.com/4c8nxpe8


No comments:

Post a Comment