Wednesday, December 28, 2022

T-BONE WALKER - BYE BYE BABY - GOIN' TO CHICAGO / Stormy Monday (ASL?, Guitar, Ukulele, Piano, & More)


Todays song is a mix of songs like Bye Bye Bye Baby - Goin' To Chicago / Stormy Monday By T-Bone Walker. T-Bone Walker (born Aaron Thibeaux Walker) was a true titan of American music and the pioneering architect of the electric blues. Born in Linden, Texas, in 1910, Walker revolutionized the genre in the 1940s by becoming the very first musician to use the electric guitar as a solo, melodic instrument, effectively creating the blueprint for modern blues and rock 'n' roll guitar playing. His fluid, jazz-infused phrasing and show-stopping stage antics—which included playing the guitar behind his back and performing mid-song splits—deeply influenced future legends like B.B. King, Jimi Hendrix, and Chuck Berry. His definitive 1947 masterpiece, "Call It Stormy Monday (But Tuesday Is Just as Bad)," remains one of the most influential blues standards ever recorded.

This legendary artist serves as the perfect inspiration for today's post, which features a playlist blending tracks like "Bye Bye Bye Baby," "Goin' To Chicago," and T-Bone Walker's own "Stormy Monday." This tribute hits incredibly close to home right now for two distinct reasons: first, I was unfortunately just in a car accident the other day where I was literally T-Boned by a lady who ran a red light, which explains my sudden absence the last few days, and I truly appreciate you all sticking around. Second, it serves as a reminder that every single time my little universe hits me hard, I somehow become a slightly better blues player. Turning the painful mileage that I've earned the hard way into raw musical expression.
So let's learn what we can from this one together. I'm shocked that I haven't found an ASL version yet (can you make one?). While we are waiting on that let's learn some stuff and on Guitar, Ukulele, and Piano too.  Let's get in to it. 


The video here is T-BONE WALKER in "Jazz at the Philharmonic" held at Poplar Town Hall, London on 30th November 1966 and filmed for BBC TV.


ASL Music Videos for These Songs Don't Exist (or do they?)


IG: https://www.instagram.com/guitargate Twitter: https://twitter.com/guitargate TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@guitargate


This is a fun T-Bone Walker song, and I wonder if Roy Orbison might have inspired by this one when he wrote Pretty Woman? In this lesson, you will learn how to play the very cool rhythmic figure, which actually is just the notes from a Dominant 7 chord.

▼ Follow me here... Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/masterguita... Twitter: https://twitter.com/mguitaracademy Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MasterGuitar... Google+: https://plus.google.com/+RobertRenman


Stormy Monday


Come hang with your guy and learn this blues classic! #stormymonday #tbonewalker #kasualkeyboardguy #pianotutorials


NOTE: Error at 2:26! Actual chord is E+(E augmented) not D#aug(D#+)!


Watch the complete session on UU+ http://ukuleleunderground.com/lessons... While we were in California, we got to hang out with Jason Arimoto at U-Space. For more on Jason, check out his YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/facemelt...


No comments:

Post a Comment